As a firm of Chartered Financial Planners, Three Counties has core values focusing solely on our clients, ensuring for over 30 years we have offered consistent, professional, financial planning and advice, as well as our first-class investment management service.
Being awarded Chartered status means we have satisfied rigorous criteria surrounding our ethical good practice and professional qualifications, so you can be confidently assured that you’re getting the best advice and support when dealing with Three Counties.
Although our Chartered status is new in 2020, we have long-maintained a client-centric approach. Our team gets to know each and every one of their clients on an individual basis, taking the time to get to know their circumstances, hopes, plans and aspirations, and then work to implement a structured, transparent service to support these requirements.
This approach has served us well and we have a large number of long-term clients whom we have assisted over many years, adapting to incorporate the changes they have experienced in their lives. This is testament to the friendly, yet professional way, in which our team delivers high quality, genuinely independent, integrated and broad-based financial advice.
Everyone at Three Counties takes great pleasure and pride in the achievements, standards and service that we have offered for over 30 years – something which we will continue to develop and deliver going forward – market-leading, fiscal advisory and investment management which is robust, client centric and underpinned with superb service levels.
Our core beliefs
We have strong beliefs about how a financial planning business should operate and care for its clients. We imprint these beliefs on everything we do.
- Our clients should know the truth about their money and what it will or will not allow them to do. We can then help them to make the choices that are right for them.
- Our clients should benefit from our shared experience; this means that we work as a team. Each client has a lead advisor but the team share the work meaning we all understand our clients really well.
- In being independent. As this ensures our clients get the advice that is right for them. Three Counties has no ties to any investment house, bank or insurance company.
- In being contactable. There is no limit on the number of phone calls, meetings or discussions a client can have with Three Counties. Clients can reach us at all reasonable times with access to our direct dial telephone and mobile numbers.
- That the only people who should pay us are our clients - for this reason we are “fee only”. We do not take commissions from third parties.
- That our clients should enjoy their financial planning experience.
- We are the best at what we do.
Chartered Financial Planners
Our Chartered status confirms our passion and professionalism to ensure we operate on a sound, ethical basis, keeping our client interests at the core of all of our activities.
Three Counties is made up of dedicated, competent and knowledgeable professionals, who embody the qualities that our Chartered status requires us to uphold, and we’re incredibly proud of this.
Holding Chartered status is a mark of professional standing in our profession and proves we have demonstrated tremendous commitment to maintaining high ethical standards, developing our knowledge and increasing our capacity. We are one of less than 1,000 firms in the UK to be awarded Chartered status. As Chartered Financial Planners, awarded by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), we are committed to:
- A strong ethical code of values
- Investing in people with knowledge
- Exceeding minimum standards
- Delivering good practice and customer outcomes
- Giving back to society
"We are Chartered Financial Planners, publicly committed to a customer-first approach and values that align with a professional Code of Ethics. We’ll provide solutions relevant to your needs, maintaining our knowledge through qualifications and ongoing professional development."
Learn more about what our Chartered status means for your finances as a client of Three Counties...
We are fortunate to work with a select group of clients who share some or all of the following characteristics:
- They want to delegate the management of their money and preservation of their wealth to us allowing them to focus on and enjoy other aspects of their lives.
- They may be younger “higher earners” who have other priorities for their surplus income, such as mortgages, school fees, but who recognise the need to develop a long term Personal Financial Plan which includes protection for their family and long term tax efficient capital accumulation and investment management.
- They are usually successful in their working lives, entrepreneurs, company executives or partners in professional firms either actively involved in their businesses or enjoying retirement.
- They need and value our services and are therefore willing to pay our fees for the benefit we bring in organising their financial lives.
What our clients have to say
I have known Three Counties for many years as one of the leading and most forward looking advisory firms in the North East. As an investment manager dealing with this firm, their professionalism and insight clearly shows and no doubt they apply similar standards when dealing with their clients. Three Counties’ market knowledge and insight into what makes a successful fund manager shines through when you come to present to them.
At Miton we concentrate our energies on those firms which, like us, have clear strategy to add value to their clients, which we see as the route to long term success in a highly competitive industry.
David Jane, Fund Manager, Miton